Packed with more than 35 routes and 56 maps & illustrations, "Biking Northern Michigan" will have you ready to ride one of the top cycling destinations in the world.
Veteran cyclist and traveler Bob Downes guides you along the 'best & safest' bike routes in northwestern lower Michigan with a mix of funny stories, history and dining/shopping recommendations of interest to cyclists.
With easy-to-follow maps, "Biking Northern Michigan" includes:
• Getting the most out of Traverse City's TART Trail system and Petoskey's Wheelway;
• The best rides in Benzie and Leelanau counties;
• Epic trail rides from Gaylord, Harbor Springs and Petoskey to the Mackinac Straits;
• The best routes around the inland lakes: Crystal Lake, Glen Lake, Torch Lake, Walloon Lake and Lake Charlevoix;
• Beaver Island, Mackinaw Island & much more...